Saturday, November 26, 2011

EDLD 5306 Web Conference Week 2 - November 17, 2011


My First web conference
                                                 
I placed reminders about the web conference every where. It was so funny each time a looked around I will see one of my yellow sticky notes. I didn’t want to missed it or been late. When I arrived home and started making sure everything was working properly. I don’t consider my self a Technology virtuoso but I can figure my way around it. To my amazement the software used for the web conference adobe connects was very user friendly. Before the conference I was wondering how challenging the program will be but after been able to see my fellow classmates for the very first time (some look nervous like me and some look confident and at ease). I came to the conclusion that I am not alone in this journey and this is a necessary step I need to take in my professional life.

Professor Borel started the conference on time greeting the class and reminding us that she was going to press on to be able to cover everything she had on her agenda.  She covered the different requirements of the Masters program and stated critical components such as the internship, field base experiences and assignments and offered to answer any questions at the end. The conference went by pretty quickly and when it war over after getting all that information in to my system I felt overwhelmed.

As an Educator I understand the importance of the use of technology in the classroom for student learning and that we are in a very important time and place in history where you need to be technology savvy if you want your students to be successful.
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment