Saturday, February 11, 2012

EDLD 5301 Reflections Week 3 – Action Research Plan

Action Planning Template
Inquiry Question:
How can teachers use digital document cameras ELMOs to effectively increase student engagement and maximize their learning through the use of technology in the classroom?
How can I integrate this technology into my curriculum lesson planning?

Goal:
  1. I will research and learn about the use of digital document cameras ELMOs to engage and maximize student learning.
  2. Teachers will learn to use digital document camera technology with an effective educational intent.
  3. Teachers will learn about various strategies and techniques to effectively engage students in their learning.
  4. Teacher will learn how to integrate this technology into their curriculum lesson planning.
Objectives:
  1. I will write and review lesson plans incorporating technology engagement strategies.
  2. I will conduct online research on effective techniques to engage students when using technology tools.
  3. I will provide online resources and train fellow teacher in the use of educational sites for self inquiry and training in the use of this technology.
  4. Teachers will participate in Survey Monkey.

Action Steps(s):
Person(s) Responsible:
Timeline: Start/End
Needed Resources
Evaluation
Teacher research.
I will look for educational sites that will meet the goal of my inquiry.



Edwardo Marquez
Feb. 10, 2012 to Dec. 2013
Internet, School Technology Facilitator, Technology experts, Research articles.
Online research and literature review.
Write and review lesson plans incorporating technology engagement strategies.




Edwardo Marquez
Mar. 2012 to Dec. 2013
Personal Computer, Word Processor application.
Lesson assessments
Teacher lesson techniques activities using the digital document
cameras.


Edwardo Marquez
Students Teachers
Mar. 2012 to Dec. 2013
Teacher classrooms, Computer lab, Internet, reflective journal.
Self reflections (written and discussions)
Survey Monkey
Teachers participate in providing advice on strategies


Edwardo Marquez
Teachers
Nov. 2012, Feb. 2013, Apr. 2013
Computer lab, Internet email.
Survey Monkey that reflects Teachers experiences.
Reflection of Effectiveness of the Inquiry

Edwardo Marquez
Nov. 2012, Feb. 2013, Apr. 2013
Survey data.
Reflect on collected data and inquiry process.
Share results of the inquiry with other teachers who use digital document cameras in the classroom.

Edwardo Marquez
May 2013
Computer lab, Instructional Planning, Grade Level Meetings, emails.
None

1 comment:

  1. Personally I think your action research would benefit my campus too. I use a large amount of technology but I do not often utilize my document camera to the best of its abilities. Recently my students created commercials for class and many filmed their commercials on their phones. They figured out how to use the document camera to present their commercials to the class. I think I will learn a lot from your study.

    ReplyDelete